Stepparents have a ready-made family from the very beginning. The new family members must learn to live together. The stepchildren and stepparents have to learn to get along although these processes take time and are not easy. The Extension resources in this section are designed for adults that are part of stepfamilies in helping them build strong families.
The six-lesson home study course is a more comprehensive educational resource written in English. Individual lessons are:
- Taking Time to Think About My Family-Lesson 1
- Building a Strong Couple Relationship-Lesson 2
- Building Step Relationships-Lesson 3
- Understanding a Child's Realities-Lesson 4
- Understanding Financial and Legal Matters-Lesson 5
- Working With Others-Lesson 6